Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If I lived in China Id still have Chinese children....

That's right... I have passed the 6 month bench mark and I am still truckin. Although I must admit, while the first few months were surprisingly easy, I have defiantly been feeling the distance from all my beloveds in the states. So there it is, I love you all, I miss you very much, I value your presence in my life and I am very much looking forward to when we will share space again.


I recently returned from a 4 day vacation for lunar new year. And where do you suppose one would go for a long weekend while in Korea? Yeah that's right BEIJING! I hiked the Great Wall of China, saw parts of the Forbidden City, toured the Temple of Heaven, ate sheep testicle and sea snake, and all around had a FANTASTIC time.  Beijing is a beautiful city. Clean, spacious and elegant.  I did a little bit of shopping... but food was really the only thing that was super cheap (and delicious).  At any rate, I was sad to come back to work but I am glad that I got to go even if it was not long enough.

So back to the grind.  January and February have been full on in terms of hours at work go.  I get the sense that the school lays it on real easy at first and the as time goes on they just start to pile more and more stuff on your schedule.  But I have less than 6 months now so I am sure that I will survive.  Especially because my Beloved Pappa and Marmy are coming out to visit in March! I cant wait for them to invade my space.  

The weather has finally started turning which has made such a difference.  I am really looking forward to the cherry trees blooming! I will post some pictures soon. 

All my love and Prayers are going out to you all.  I could use some intercessions in terms of the language (I lost my Mojo) and also what I am going to do once this contract is up.

May The peace of the Lord Christ go with you ,
Wherever He may send you.
May He guild you through the wilderness,
protect you through the storm.
May He bring you home rejoicing
at the wonders He has shown you.
May he bring you home rejoicing
once again into our doors.

x Maggie

2 comments:

Fran said...

But why would one still have Chinese Children?
Glad to read your lovely post, your mojo seems fine to me!
Can't wait to invade your space and have a Maggie Sandwich!
Stay warm and wordy.
Love,
Marmy

Unknown said...

Oh Maggie, my beloved sister. I miss you so much and wish I could come visit too...
Glad you are having fun and staying strong!
I love you dear one!!
-Kiki